Extraction Specialist for Cannabis Manufacturing (Type 6) – Equity
Southern California (Ventura County)
New Company searching for an experienced Extraction Specialist for a licensed cannabis manufacturing lab (Type 6).
This is an opportunity to earn equity and help build the manufacturing aspect of the business from the ground up. Having lab SOPs and a cannabis industry network is a huge plus.
As a member of the executive team, the Extraction Specialist will be responsible for advising and leading the development of the manufacturing aspect of the business. This includes assisting with designs, equipment selection, budget, construction, and other tasks. The Extraction Specialist will be responsible for training and managing lab assistants, and the day-to-day lab operations. Extraction Specialist will also be responsible for the development of SOPs, following all compliance protocols, and sourcing of material.
- Assist in the development and implementation of Policies & Procedures for daily operations, and fully comply with California cannabis regulations.
- Operating extraction and distillation equipment. The handling of extraction gases winterizing, refining, distilling, and/or formulating final product.
- Develop product descriptions and SOP’s for all manufacturing processes.
- Selecting, maintaining, and cleaning of lab and extraction equipment as required.
- Sourcing and tracking of raw materials, finished products, and by-product.
- Inventory and tracking in Seed-To-Sale software system, including METRC.
- Stay up-to-date on all local and state regulations.
- Responsible for the quality and consistency of products.
- Continued education and mastering of various techniques for cannabis extraction and infusion.
- Develop expertise in testing and formulating methods as well as the purification, separation and isolation of various compounds of cannabis.
- Other duties as required and assigned.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience, and Education:
- Must pass a background check and LiveScan.
- 2+ years of direct, hands-on extraction experience in a licensed manufacturing lab.
- Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree (preferred).
- Work experience and skills should include a high level of competency with ethanol, CO2 and/or solventless extraction processes for cannabis.
- Knowledgeable in the production of cannabis products including whole flower oil, ice water hash, tinctures, prerolls, cannagars, edibles, and capsules.
- Knowledgeable with extraction equipment and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to handle and work under business start-up stress and pressures.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
***Please send cover letter and resume to newco420 @ Gmail.com
All applicants will be required to sign an NDA.